Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs)
Find the appropriate Disability Benefits Questionnaire (DBQ) for your condition. The Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs) on this page are public disability benefits questionnaires authorized for release by the VA.
You will want to review your medical evidence to ensure you are investigating the correct DBQ for your condition.
There are useful articles in VA Education Claims Blog that will assist in understanding how to read the DBQs. These articles include:
- The VA form 21-4138 Lay Statement: What it is & how to write it
- Increase VA Claims: Six Must-Know Points for VA Form 21-4138: Lay Statement
- A Guide to Submitting Evidence When Applying for VA Compensation
- 3 Steps to a 90% VA Rating based off your neck
- Yes, Veterans Can Get a VA Disability Rating for Migraines!
Don't know which DBQ to view?
Click an icon on the image map on the human body to find out more about the different systems.
Once you find the particular system that meets your criteria for your VA Claim, you can view the Disability Benefits Questionnaires by clicking the button.
What tools do I need to download and read a disability benefits questionnaire?
To view your VA DBQ forms, you need a pdf reader. You must either have browser support to open the files, or you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it using the below link:
If you don’t know which VA disability benefits questionnaire should be used, please reach out to us.